- In Stock! Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days & Free Ground Shipping! -
MegaHitch Lock Coupler Vault Pro Trailer Security: Fits 2” & 2-5/16”
Imagine you've left your Tiny House Trailer for a day of exploring with good food and good company. You bid farewell and return home... wait, where is your home? OMG! Your home was stolen! A devastating scenario that is all too possible and sadly has affected members of the Tiny House community, during their build and after it was a completed home. You've put so much work, blood, sweat, tears and love into your home, why not protect it with the ultimate in trailer hitch security.
It takes 30 sec to steal a trailer! MegaHitch Coupler Vault Pro Lock gives you peace of mind protection for your Tiny House Trailer. Prevent the unthinkable theft!
Coupler Vault Pro Features:
- Completely encloses the trailer coupler when it is not hooked to your tow vehicle
- Impossible for a thief to hook on to your trailer and drive away
- Made of hardened steel and then powder coated to prevent corrosion
- Stainless steel locking mechanism will not rust or corrode
- One Fits Both. Coupler Vault II is now interchangeable between both 2 & 2-5/16” couplers.
- Universal Hitch Lock* Coupler Vault Pro fits all standard hitch ball sizes from 2” and 2-5/16”. A custom hitch ball for 1-7/8” is available. (Please note that a ‘universal hitch lock’ works on most standard units, which may not include obsolete or off-sized trailer hitches.)
- High Density Acetate Ball. The ball system is designed to fit in the coupler the same as the tow ball on your tow system. The adjustable hitch design provides stronger security.
- Adjustable Security Ball adds a second layer of defense – even with the latch undone – the ball securely fits inside the socket.
- New Cam Lock Positioning (replaced the plunge lock). The stronger Cam Lock has been placed on the undercarriage of the Coupler Vault and surrounded by a stainless steel ring. This positioning obstructs chisel-and-hammer-wielding thieves.
- Unique Tab & Slot System with all plates reengineered interlocking to fit together like a puzzle, and strengthen and fortify the entire vault structure.
- Vertical Plates expand over the lid that strengthen the integrity of the lock, making it difficult to bend, pry or to break in.
- Single Flat Extended Lid to keep the water and other foreign objects from vault interior. Larger holes at the bottom for drainage.
- Tapered Steel Security Rings encase the carriage bold and cam lock to prevent reciprocating saws or grinders to brace a cutting/grinding position. The Taper design makes criminal’s tools slide out of position.
- Made in the USA
MegaHitch Lock: How It Works
Vault Adjustment and Installation Instructions
1. Two different length adjustment bolts are provided. The lock comes with an installed 21⁄2” long bolt and a 13⁄4” long bolt is shipped loose to cover all potential configurations.
2. Using the keys provided unlock the Coupler Vault. Remove the lid by using the two finger holes provided.
3. Unlock the trailer coupler. Place the Coupler Vault onto the trailer coupler allowing the bolt to act as a hitch ball. Place the lid back onto the Coupler Vault. The lid should be all the way down in the steel box. You should have zero clearance between the bottom of the lid and the top of the trailer coupler. If not, and lid is seated all the way into the box then remove the lid and adjust the carriage bolt up to a height that will provide zero clearance. If the lid does not seat all the way into the steel box then you will need to replace the 21⁄2” long bolt with the 13⁄4’ long bolt provided. Then make the same adjustments to achieve zero clearance. A wrench will need to be used to make adjustments.
4. After locating the correct height adjustment and the lid in the correct place push the lock button to lock the Coupler Vault in place. Lock the trailer coupler just as you would when hooked to a tow vehicle. Your trailer is now secure. Maximum security is achieved by adjusting the carriage bolt up or down so that the Coupler Vault lid has zero clearance between the inside of the lid and the trailer coupler.
The Coupler Vault Pro has a ball system designed to fit in the coupler the same as the tow ball on your tow system. The adjustable hitch design provides stronger security.
Made of high density acetate, the adjustable security ball adds a second layer of defense – even with the latch undone – the ball securely fits inside the socket.
MegaHitch Lock Coupler Vault Pro - Testing
Why buy from us and not some other store?
We're Tiny House owners ourselves and know the unique challenges faced every day by Tiny House owners. We pre-screen the best products for your tiny house's needs, like power consumption, space requirements, and most importantly quality you can depend on.
We are an authorized dealer for all of the brands we represent. Meaning, we have the complete support of the manufacturers and should something be less than perfect, we got your back!
We offer the Best Price available for you, and if you happen to find a lower price elsewhere, we guarantee a price match with our Best Price Guarantee! Our pricing includes no-taxes (except CA - sorry, Uncle Sam wants to be paid too), Free Shipping and complete support from us and the manufacturer.
We guarantee amazing service, support and dedication from our team and the people that make your Tiny House furnishings.
Just because your house is tiny, doesn't mean the support you receive should be.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need help choosing the right products for your Tiny House.
Live Tiny, Dream Big!
Shipping & Returns